Posted reviews, media, blogs/vlogs, photo collections, etc
Please post these on the memories page.
Please add your feedback below. Use * to add a bullet point, *: to add an indented bullet point (adding to or replying to comment above), and ~~~~ to sign your name.
- If you took part in the Meditation for Hackers workshop, please post feedback here.
- Please make sure that next time there are video up/downscalers available for speaker/presenter hookups. I had to skip parts of my talk because the video team only supported a single resolution through HDMI. My laptop could output 50 different resolutions, but not the required specific one. Luckily a volunteer offered her laptop to move the talk to , but all the simulation stuff that was part of the talk could not be reinstalled at a strangers laptop at a moments notice. I routinely present at conferences all over the world and the only place I ever had video hookup issues was at EMF ;) User:Gori
For EMF website issues or bugs, please go to GitHub emfcamp/Website.
- This was incredible, and a really great incentive to volunteer. MScroggs (talk) 11:19, 9 August 2016 (BST)
- Pizza was great. MScroggs (talk) 11:19, 9 August 2016 (BST)
- Queues were not bad. MScroggs (talk) 11:19, 9 August 2016 (BST)
- Pity about the shop, it would have been super-useful. The one at beautiful days is done by http://www.talatonparishcouncil.co.uk/Core/Talaton-TC/Pages/Village_Shop_1.aspx and presumably will have been a good fund-raiser for them, I'm not sure how common this type of operation is around the country, but there might be a similar operation near some sites, might be worth looking into. Sthen (talk) 17:12, 9 August 2016 (BST)
- Next time I would demand that vendors use some onlien and offline ordering/payment system that prevents people from standing in the qeue just to place an order. The pizza guys did great on that.--Gori (talk) 21:56, 9 August 2016 (BST)
- These were yet again amazing
- These were significantly better than chemical portaloos. Urinals were not great though; lots of splashback and leaks; quite a puddle in the entrance of the ones on the NE towards the end. Could have done with better lighting and the grid steps weren't ideal. (The best event toilets I've used were at shambala and done by thunderboxes2go - wooden stalls with leds and flowers and very attentive to cleaning, straw bale urinals, no wheely bin management as they use big sealable tanks instead - they also have accessible compost loos). Sthen (talk) 17:12, 9 August 2016 (BST)
- I really enjoyed volunteering, EMF staff, CCC staff and other volunteers were friendly and supportive throughout the weekend. DomCleal (talk) 11:39, 9 August 2016 (BST)
- The blackout tents, projectors and sound rigs were awesome and well worthwhile, just in need of a slightly less noise-sensitive neighbour ;) Sthen (talk) 17:12, 9 August 2016 (BST)
- Film festival was great. Sthen (talk) 17:12, 9 August 2016 (BST)
- Electric vehicle power is becoming an issue, when working at the entrance we didn't really have an option other than escorting them onto the camper van section of site in reach of a dk so they'd have enough power to leave. Sthen (talk) 17:12, 9 August 2016 (BST)
- I think everything that was a guest-visible problem at 2014 was addressed. No issue at 2016 seemed anything worse than minor (the worst thing was probably the...err...boundary-pushing music policy at camp holland), and nothing that detracted from it being a great thing overall. 12/10 would EMF again. Sthen (talk) 17:12, 9 August 2016 (BST)