The biggest issue for EMF is to find a good site.
Note this list is not being actively maintained; the canonical list is maintained on trello, please refer to that
- At least 50,000 sq m (this should fit at least 1500 people but this isn't indicative of our planned capacity)
- Available for around 11 days (including a weekend) between mid-July and mid-September 2014
- Pleasant enough you actually want to spend time there
- Previous event history at site
- Access and Location
- Good access for setup vehicles (no low bridges, for example)
- Good transport links (proximity to public transport)
- Located centrally to the UK
- Near largish shops (e.g. large Tesco)
- Ability to get a good internet connection (1 gigabit+) (but please let us know of any potential sites - NOC team can work this out)
- Some kind of water supply/sewage connection
- Well drained
- Space for parking
We don't care about:
- Most existing facilities (especially electricity). Providing them ourselves is frequently easier than trying to deal with existing services, so they're not a major consideration.
If you have a suggestion for a site, drop us an email on email@example.com, tweet at us, or just leave it here.