|Making sure we don't kill ourselves, as well as looking after attendee welfare.|
This team needs volunteers
The first aid team's job is to look after both attendees and volunteers.
The team comprises first aiders, Doctors, Emergency Care attendents, Festival Medical volunteers, St John Ambulance volunteers and assorted NHS and other Health Care Professionals.
Cover is provided by 4 personnel from 10am till 2am from a fully equipped, first aid tent and one roaming pair of first responders. The overnight shift between 2am and 10am in the morning is an on-call service, staffed by two responders. We also cover the setup and teardown of the festival.
Our number is 01908 870909. You can call this 24hours a day and a first aider will be with you as fast as possible.
Alternatively, simply call in at the first aid tent, marked on your map, or look-out for the people wearing green tabards.
Recruitment is closing. We do have 1 - 2 slots left so if you hurry you can still make it into the team, but you'll need a DBS already in hand as time is now short and the rota has been posted.
We are on the look-out for volunteers who want to donate their time. We ask for three 8-hour shifts throughout the festival (this may be reduced to two, depending on numbers). In return you are welcome to a free ticket
We are looking for people with the following qualifications:
- First aid at work 3 day certificate (not the 1 day emergency qualification) or higher. We need to see proof of qualification which we hold a copy of. We ask HCPs to provide details of their registration. Foreign first aid and medical qualifications can be accepted on a case by case basis.
- An enhanced disclosure. EMF is a family event and we have children in attendance. If you do not have an enhanced disclosure we can provide you with one. The process is quite involved but we try to make it as painless as possible.
- A commitment to three 8-hour shifts with potential to be woken up in the middle of the night.
- No alcohol or non-medicinal drugs to be taken on shift (with the exception of caffeine).
- Willingness to wear a green tabard, work with our patient record system and be a friendly face for the hapless, the unlucky or the foolish :)
What we offer in return.
- A free ticket! Yes! Many awesome! Such wao!
- A comfortable first aid tent with desks and somewhere to sit.
- Flexibility in working - we always operate in pairs. The first aid tent must be staffed at all times but the roaming pair is free to see talks, wander the site and help out around the place. You'll get to see quite a lot of the festival.
- If you are into first aid and things medical, you'll have a chance to natter to some professionals.
- Working with a lovely team of volunteers :)
- Did I mention the awesome green tabard?
If you are interested, please email email@example.com