Posted reviews, media, blogs/vlogs, photo collections, etc
Please post these on the memories page.
Please add your feedback below. Use * to add a bullet point, *: to add an indented bullet point (adding to or replying to comment above), and ~~~~ to sign your name.
- If you took part in the Meditation for Hackers workshop, please post feedback here.
- Please make sure that next time there are video up/downscalers available for speaker/presenter hookups. I had to skip parts of my talk because the video team only supported a single resolution through HDMI. My laptop could output 50 different resolutions, but not the required specific one. Luckily a volunteer offered her laptop to move the talk to , but all the simulation stuff that was part of the talk could not be reinstalled at a strangers laptop at a moments notice. I routinely present at conferences all over the world and the only place I ever had video hookup issues was at EMF ;) User:Gori
For EMF website issues or bugs, please go to GitHub emfcamp/Website.
- This was incredible, and a really great incentive to volunteer. MScroggs (talk) 11:19, 9 August 2016 (BST)
- Pizza was great. MScroggs (talk) 11:19, 9 August 2016 (BST)
- Queues were not bad. MScroggs (talk) 11:19, 9 August 2016 (BST)
- Pity about the shop, it would have been super-useful. The one at beautiful days is done by http://www.talatonparishcouncil.co.uk/Core/Talaton-TC/Pages/Village_Shop_1.aspx and presumably will have been a good fund-raiser for them, I'm not sure how common this type of operation is around the country, but there might be a similar operation near some sites, might be worth looking into. Sthen (talk) 17:12, 9 August 2016 (BST)
- Next time I would demand that vendors use some onlien and offline ordering/payment system that prevents people from standing in the qeue just to place an order. The pizza guys did great on that.--Gori (talk) 21:56, 9 August 2016 (BST)
- Really enjoyed both the noodle bar and burrito stand. ThePhilStrongProject (talk) 23:44, 9 August 2016 (BST)
- Special praise for the Moonshine stall. The burgers were particularly good value (though I thought some smaller meals could have cost less) but best of all they were open well past midnight. I don't stop being hungry at 10pm !
- I did find it hard to buy small cheap snacks. Pretty much everything was 5+. Not overpriced - just more than needed some of the time. Could have done with bags of crisps etc.
- These were yet again amazing
- The showers were capable of hot, high flow operation. I had a superb one on monday morning. But when all were in use (queue at breakfast time) they sometimes fell to a drizzle. Possibly a supply pressure issue rather than the showers themselves.
- These were significantly better than chemical portaloos. Urinals were not great though; lots of splashback and leaks; quite a puddle in the entrance of the ones on the NE towards the end. Could have done with better lighting and the grid steps weren't ideal. (The best event toilets I've used were at shambala and done by thunderboxes2go - wooden stalls with leds and flowers and very attentive to cleaning, straw bale urinals, no wheely bin management as they use big sealable tanks instead - they also have accessible compost loos). Sthen (talk) 17:12, 9 August 2016 (BST)
- I didn't go to EMF2014 so have no reference point - but I've used far better loos at events in the past. The toilets could be smelled from the food area by Sunday which wasn't pleasant. Can I suggest event loos similar to the shower trailers? They are significantly more civilised! ThePhilStrongProject (talk) 23:41, 9 August 2016 (BST)
- I really enjoyed volunteering, EMF staff, CCC staff and other volunteers were friendly and supportive throughout the weekend. DomCleal (talk) 11:39, 9 August 2016 (BST)
- The blackout tents, projectors and sound rigs were awesome and well worthwhile, just in need of a slightly less noise-sensitive neighbour ;) Sthen (talk) 17:12, 9 August 2016 (BST)
- Film festival was great. Sthen (talk) 17:12, 9 August 2016 (BST)
- Electric vehicle power is becoming an issue, when working at the entrance we didn't really have an option other than escorting them onto the camper van section of site in reach of a dk so they'd have enough power to leave. Sthen (talk) 17:12, 9 August 2016 (BST)
- didn't the map show an electric vehicle section of the parking field ? I assumed that would have power, though it apparently didn't
- I think everything that was a guest-visible problem at 2014 was addressed. No issue at 2016 seemed anything worse than minor (the worst thing was probably the...err...boundary-pushing music policy at camp holland), and nothing that detracted from it being a great thing overall. 12/10 would EMF again. Sthen (talk) 17:12, 9 August 2016 (BST)
- It's really nice to have high expectations for something and still be pleasantly suprised. ThePhilStrongProject (talk) 23:45, 9 August 2016 (BST)
- I think 3 hours was too long for volunteer shifts. I appreciate that staff were working far longer hours and that some types of volunteering would be awkward if changed too frequently. But others would not, and I think would be more popular if such a large slice wasn't to be taken out of the very busy talk schedule. I was keen to volunteer, and I did - but it was really hard to choose when, especially as the talk schedule was fluid and the villages hadn't yet published.
- What was the rationale for the gate arrangement ? camping vehicles entering at the top of the site seemed very reasonable, but once the majority of traffic was pedestrian it seemed an annoyance. Could there have been a pedestrian gate optimised for pedestrians ?