Villages:Hax0rz of the Roses
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Village: Hax0rz of the roses.|
|Description||This is a joint venture between Leeds, Manchester, York and Lancaster Hackspaces.|
|View all Villages|
How do I add my name to the above list? You need to set your village in your profile!
- Log in
- Click your username link at the top right
- Use the 'Edit with form' link at the top OR use the Attendee Template if you're familiar with MediaWiki
- Don't worry if you don't appear on your village page straight away, that's all you need to do!
- RoboButler 3000
- Wood Lathe! Myford ML8 under supervision of Ian Norton or Claire Jackson. We'll be turning things, people can try their hand if they want.
Post event feedback
Add your feedback here on village stuffs.
- BBQ was epic! More fire things! Idnorton (talk) 09:15, 5 September 2014 (UTC)
- Food was awesome (it appears you can't go wrong as long as you have enough bacon and haloumi!) --Nav (talk) 10:04, 5 September 2014 (UTC)
- If food time was missed for whatever reason, there was still food to eat / snack on --Stanto (talk) 12:33, 5 September 2014 (UTC)
- It acted as a base to return to / gather at if you wanted to and knew others would be there with the option to retreat to your tent if you pitched elsewhere --Stanto (talk) 12:33, 5 September 2014 (UTC)
- Good choices for food - mostly didn't require plates & cutlery, or at best a cup (soup awkward in paper bowl but great from mug). Organisation also great, huge thanks guys! RorschachUK (talk) 12:31, 5 September 2014 (UTC)
If you're adding negative feedback please remember to be constructive and add a suggestion on how things may have been done differently.
- Nail the village tent to the floor more securely first time ;) Idnorton (talk) 09:15, 5 September 2014 (UTC)
- Some of the shinies never got a chance to come out and play, maybe due to space - I never got to operate on Frank! RorschachUK (talk) 12:31, 5 September 2014 (UTC)
Ideas for next time
- Need someone who is going to be at the village most of the time to act as coordinator, make sure food is started on time etc. Thinkl33t (talk) 09:19, 5 September 2014 (UTC)
- Need a sign of some kind, I'm not sure people knew who we were or if they were directed to us how to find us Idnorton (talk) 09:15, 5 September 2014 (UTC)
- Separate tent for shiny from kitchen / storage (like hsnotts had) Thinkl33t (talk) 09:21, 5 September 2014 (UTC)
- I may be able to borrow a big green 24'x12' tent - obviously transporting that requires some planning --Nav (talk) 10:10, 5 September 2014 (UTC)
- TBH I'd rather rent the village tent(s) next time. The garage was a good idea from a price POV but was a pain to move around, a bit too small, and i CBA putting it up / taking it down again Thinkl33t (talk) 10:46, 5 September 2014 (UTC)
- FLAGS / hackspace banners Thinkl33t (talk) 09:22, 5 September 2014 (UTC)
- We have some Leeds hackspace banners - they're just bulks and weren't sufficiently high up my list of things to bring. --Nav (talk) 10:10, 5 September 2014 (UTC)
- We brought a vertical York banner with us but in the absence of one for each of the other groups too we thought it would be a bit unrepresentative - maybe next time banners for each group and/or a Roses emblem of some sort to rule them all RorschachUK (talk) 12:31, 5 September 2014 (UTC)
- We were meant to bring the HacMan sign, but I didn't have time to load it and all the other stuff people wanted to bring JimM (talk) 15:48, 9 September 2014 (UTC)