Difference between revisions of "Villages:OpenDataVillage"
|Line 54:||Line 54:|
Latest revision as of 14:47, 30 August 2014
|Village: Open Data Village|
|Description||Friends of the Open Data Institute|
|Activities||Maybe we could run some sort of Open Data 101 sessions?|
|View all Villages|
Travel to and from EMFCAMP
If we're staying in a village, it makes sense to think about travel too, especially if it's cheaper in groups.
You can get a group travel discount if travelling by train with LondonMidland. Add your name below if you're considering train travel
- Chris Adams
- Phillippa Morland
- Ulrich (starting in Whitechapel, London)
- Adam McGreggor, some time on Friday, probably afternoon.
People are bringing:
- 2-Man tent
- Poles, Tarps and paracord to construct a 5m x 3m shelter!
- EMF / OpenDataVillage Power Meters
- Arduinos, NRF24 radios, sensors etc.
- N64, Golderneye, Wipeout. Maybe combined with Steve's projector and a white tarp like last time for late night outdoor gaming!
- Maybe some old hard drives to pull the magnets out of a make a generator!?
- 4 camping chairs
- Camping table
- 50m extension reel
- Some 4-ways
- V. long ethernet cable from hacker camps past
- Coffee gear
- Soldering equipment
- Arduino / Nanode
- RaspberryPi + wifi dongle
- powered speakers for noize
- toffee vodka
Other stuff we should bring / buy:
- Hard hats + tin foil
- An ODI flag
- The left-handed mallet
- Robe -- @adamamyl will try to remember to pack his collection.
- Wizard hat -- @adamamyl will try to remember to pack his collection.
Crazy ideas for stuff
because why not.
- Create real-life representations (aka visualisations) of data
- James wants to make a democracy hat (hard hat with LEDs colour controlled by audience feedback), but probably won't have time.