|Village: Amateur Radio
|Description||ham radio at it's finest.|
|View all Villages|
Moved from radio
We have a mailing list - please subscribe!
Things to during EMF
During EMF the following contests will be running
Special Event Station
Paul (M0OKE) has applied for an NoV for a special call sign for a special event station, GB2EMF.
This has been granted.
Colin (G8TMV) has organised RSGB posters and info leaflets.
Talk in has been suggested on 2/70 on Friday. Operator(s) required. Assuming 145.550 MHz.
Modes & Bands
Steve M0SPN intends to run Voice, PSK and SSTV on HF. VHF/UHF dependent on availability of masts and beams.
- Milton Keynes ARS (MKARS) are literally just up the road from the campsite - http://www.mkars.org.uk/
It would be very cool to have a dedicated on-site repeater just for EMF. The practicality wouldn't be too difficult -- M0RND can provide a 2m/70cm colinear (which might be able to be hosted on the main EMF mast), and there's no shortage of radios which can do cross-band repeat, or something could be lashed up with two Baofeng UV-B5 radios and a diplexer.
The awkward part would be getting an NoV for the repeater, and getting it in time for EMF.
- Voice - GB3VA http://ukrepeater.net/my_repeater.php?id=997
|Village/Station||tgreer?/Everyone!||Organisation of tent, power, network|
|Radios||(tbc)||Supply of HF/VHF/UHF gear1|
|Mast(s)||(tbc)||Supply of masts, rotator?2 * Tgreer has 12m push up mast on his landrover * Hopefully LHS's trailer mast will be ready for then. |
|Operators||See below||People volunteering to rotate operation/manning of station|
|Special Event Call||Paul M0OKE||GB2EMF granted by Ofcom|
|QSL Cards||Steve M0SPN||Assistance required 3|
|GB2RS News||Paul||Emailed, probably a bit late for ticket sales though|
|Southgate ARC||? (no owner)||Already up there!|
|TX Factor||Steve M0SPN||Initial contact made (to be passed to jontyw if successful)|
|Promo Material||Steve M0SPN||Initial contact made with RSGB, Kenwood, Yaseu, Icom, Moonraker, ML&S4</sup?|
1 Steve M0SPN has TS450S & PSU available
2 Cillian (possible V/UHF yagis), tgreer (possible landrover/mast)
3 http://www.centreprint.co.uk/qsl_cards2.htm can deliver in 1-2 weeks, £50 for 250 cards
4 Leaflets/posters received from Icom, RSGB.
|Gazebo||1||3x3m with sides - Arrived from Ebay|
|PSU||1||25A SMPSU (TCMSLP/M0SPN)|
|Antenna||1||V/UHF Colinear (TCMSLP/M0SPN)|
|Other radios etc...|
A list of people who may or may not be going and may or may not be interested in doing things related to amateur radio.
- David M0TNR `Cillian' (is going, can bring some radio goodies, but doesn't want to dedicate all weekend to it)
- Adam M0RND
- Colin G8TMV
- Paul M0OKE
- Jon M0JSN
- Gavan 2E0UND
- Steve M0SPN (TCMSLP on #emfcamp)
- Kai DB1SQU (SQUelcher on IRC)
- Kimball 2E1FWL (drrk on IRC)
- Relocker PA1BYL
- Paul M0TZO - bringing D-STAR equipment
- Blake KC9CHL
- Alan MW6ZEC
How do I add my name to the above list? You need to set your village in your profile!
- Log in
- Click your username link at the top right
- Use the 'Edit with form' link at the top OR use the Attendee Template if you're familiar with MediaWiki
- Don't worry if you don't appear on your village page straight away, that's all you need to do!