The address for EMF 2014 is:
Hounslow Hall Estate
If you are travelling by public transport, we will be running two minibuses to shuttle people to and from the site.
Pickup Point Bletchley Railway Station
Drop off Point EMF Site!
The timetable for this is:
|Day||Start Time||End Time|
Bletchley Station is the closest, with trains to London Euston, Birmingham, etc
For those people who are arriving/departing between Saturday 7 PM and Sunday 1 PM (which should none of you as you should be there from Friday morning), be aware that heading to/from London between Watford Junction and Hemel Hempstead there is no train service due to planned engineering works.
There is a replacement bus service for that leg of the journey, which means the journey is going to be 2 hours (if the buses actually run on time) to/from Euston, as opposed to the normal 30-50 depending if you are on the express train or not.
Closest airports are (in order) LTN, LHR, BHX. LGW and STN are also possible. Minicab taxis (pre-booked) from airports to site:
Run coaches from major airports, and other towns/cities where you might not be able to get a direct train service to Milton Keynes/Bletchley without going in to London, wandering around the underground to get to Euston Station and adding cost.
The Milton Keynes Coachway is a stone's throw from the M1 J14. It's quite a distance to the EMFCamp (10 miles by road) but a minicab should be around £12-15.
Alternatively a cheaper option is to use the park and ride bus service to the Milton Keynes central train station which is £2 something. It runs every 15 minutes, and takes about 15 minutes. You can take in the sights of Milton Keynes. Then hop on the next southbound London Midland train to Bletchley which is £3.50. They are every 30 mins. This takes about 5 minutes - its the next stop. From there the shuttle bus can transport you and all your gear to site.
If you have spare seats consider offering them on the Car_Share Page, this will also help split the cost of fuel and parking.
The post code of the site is MK17 0BU, and most sat nav systems will do a reasonable job of getting you there. To reduce the disturbance to our neighbours, please avoid driving through the towns of Bletchley and Newton Longville if possible.
If you're coming from the M1 motorway, please take the following route:
Coming From the North (M1 Southbound)
- Leave the M1 at exit 14 (signposted Milton Keynes/Newport Pagnell)
- Head towards Milton Keynes/A509 (S)
- At the first large roundabout (Milton Keynes has lots of roundabouts) take the A4146/Childs Way towards Aylesbury/Milton Keynes South
- At the next roundabout, take the first exit (A4146/Tongwell Street towards Aylesbury).
- Carry on along the A4146, crossing over three roundabouts.
- At the next roundabout, take the third exit (A4146/All through traffic)
- Straight ahead at the next roundabout (Milton Keynes South & West). You'll pass a lake.
- At the next roundabout, take the first exit (A5 South Dunstable/Aylesbury)
- At the next (!) roundabout, take the third exit (A4146 Gt. Brickhill/Water Eaton)
- Cross straight over two more roundabouts, following the signs to Aylesbury
- At the next roundabout, take the second exit to Drayton Parslow/Newton Longville.
- You'll be pleased to hear that was the last roundabout you'll encounter (the 12th!)
- Go past the first junction (with a turning towards Newton Longville)
- At the next crossroads, turn right towards Newton Longville along Newton Road.
- Just as you enter Newton Longville ("please drive carefully") the road turns sharply right. Take the left at this junction (it should be signposted EMF).
Coming from the South (M1 Northbound)
- Leave the M1 at exit 13 (signposted Milton Keynes South/Bedford).
- Head toward Milton Keynes/A421 (W) from the first roadabout.
- Cross (second exit) the second roundabout shortly afterwards.
- Follow this fairly long (for Milton Keynes) section of single carriageway road.
- At the next roundabout (John Lewis distribution centre) cross straight over.
- At the next roundabout (one of Milton Keynes two space-time discontinums where supposedly parallel roads meet) take the second exit onto Groveway (H9).
- At the next roundabout take the first exit (A4146 Tongwell Street, V11)
- Follow the directions from the north from step 6.
If you are driving you will need to buy one parking ticket per car. There is no nearby public parking. Please don't park elsewhere as you will inconvenience our neighbours or block access to the site.
Below is a list of local taxi services. Entries will be added and removed as we confirm their coverage of the camp site.
Drop-offs will likely be the same location as the shuttle bus drop off point.