At EMF Camp the lounge will be a place for people to relax away from the activity of villages, talks and workshops. there will be power and internet for your devices, and a comfy setting with tables and beanbags for you to sit and socialise with people.
- Obey the rules of EMF Camp
- No shoes on the carpet
The tent will be themed in a nautical style. The Lounge team are seeking extra person(s) to help with setup and ideas for decoration. Poke amran if you'd like to help.
You can assume there will be
- a carpet
- bean bags
- small tables
- lamps for the tables
- LEDs (from OHM2013)
Stuff to sit on
- Beanbags x 20 - 30 -> https://redmine.emfcamp.org/redmine/issues/111
- Mattresses x 10 (or more) ->
- Local pillow maker? Fabric person who has dummy mattresses? Ebay/people getting rid of old ones?
- Lackracks x 20 -> http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/20011413/
- (Vinyl)stickers to dress up the lackracks
- Table lamps -> http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/40055420/ + lightbulbs -> http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/30217885/
- Red/Blue paper + glue to make the lights pretty.
- Examples of dressed up lights:
- Examples of designs for the light deco:
- (You cut the designs out, stick them with glue on the insides of the lamps, put in a led/not-hot lamp, tadaa, prettiness)
- one or two bright lamps behind the bar
- 15 white or neutral tights, size doesnt matter
- 30 glow in the dark balls: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Glow-Dark-bouncy-ball-toys/dp/B007A34PC4/ref=sr_1_3?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1406581322&sr=1-3&keywords=glow+in+the+dark+balls
Other useful stuff
- Signs, made of wood or printed, saying:
- No Shoe zone (minimal 2 signs, for every entrance)
- No smoking inside
- Dead Man's Chest shoe store (an old ottoman, dark stained with old belts glued to it?)
- An idea for an arty/tech installation.Would there be a projector available to us? And a raspberry pie kicking around, or something. We could set it up to show twitter #messageinabottle and get peope to tweet at it from the lounge?
Neither are things I have access to. We could project it onto the side of the tent and put a giant bottle cut out on it?
- Hang fish from the ceiling
- A lighthouse on the wall, made by paper
- A (fake)sail on the wall
- A (fake)sail on the ceiling, LEDs strung across the top of the tent and billowing thin fabric draped across the top to simulate stars through the sails of a ship.(Could also be done as a feature one end of the tent.)
- Lifebuoys on the walls
- Messages in a (plastic)bottle hanging from the ceiling
- Make mattresses into boats
- Hang oars on the walls
- Hang up flags
- A sailor behind the bar
- Fake Portholes
- Nautical Coasters
- Rope Bridge Entrance
- Small Deck Area - made from pallets, for people who can't sit on the floor.
- 'Decorative Fishing Net' with decorated cardboard fish using some recycled materials(made in advance!)
- Backdrops painted nautical themed murals (done in advance)
- Seabirds hanging from ceiling
To deco the lights: http://u2m.nl/data/eth0-w-2011/image_83.jpg
- packet of coloured paper / vinyl
- amount: 30 xA4
- colour: red and/or blue and/or mixed
- Scissors x 5
- Glue, heat-resistant, crafting glue will do.
To cut out nautical shapes, like a lighthouse, boat or steering wheel : https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/34/Steering_wheel_ship_1.png / http://www.medford.k12.nj.us/cms/lib07/NJ01001377/Centricity/Domain/80/Alison_lighthouse_cropped.jpg
- Cardboard OR styrofoam
- if possible minimal 1m x 1m, preferable bigger.
- Knives (or we use the scissors)
- Paint, if non-spray-paint incl brushes
- Colour: brown or black. If we have lots of money also white, red and blue
- Amount, depending on the cardboard/styrofoam
Also: cardboard to cut out birds and hang from the ceiling
- Same preferences as above
- rope, lots of rope to hang stuff with. Like a big ball of http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/skleznev/skleznev1105/skleznev110500025/9664015-natural-rope-ball-isolated-white-background.jpg
Please list (with link, and quantity) what supplies you require. Preferably, all from the same supplier though I don't mind going to other places for special items.
In the interests of keeping things from the same supplier and simplicity and using the list of supplies needed from the below poster I have put together a list of links to items from wilkos who will deliver. (There are a few things that we can't get from them they are listed below).
- For the sail – whether we decide for ceiling or wall – white double sheets which can be sewn together quickly on site. x3
- Needle and thread
- Cushion Inserts x6 (for covers made before the camp)
- Platters to make portholes (£2 for 3) x2 packs (we can cut out the centre of the disk and attach ready made pictures to the inside. I plan on bringing 4 pics – so would need more if others would like to make some.)
- Poster Paints colours
- White - http://www.wilko.com/wilko-ready-mix-paint-white-250ml/invt/0316812?VBMST=poster%20paint&VBMST=poster%20paint&VBMTC=65f49c9019c33c179a17a71fe3bd5c93
- Red - http://www.wilko.com/wilko-ready-mix-paint-red-250ml/invt/0316805?VBMST=&VBMTC=4a71dcc1b64b0429ed9846edba5ba1c1
- Blue - http://www.wilko.com/wilko-ready-mix-paint-blue-250ml/invt/0316810?VBMST=&VBMTC=4319983558228d8dbde20486254ecf61
- Black - http://www.wilko.com/wilko-ready-mix-paint-black-250ml/invt/0316815?VBMST=&VBMTC=330e0db3eb85f9c2ed94962648c6337a
- They also sell acrylic paints
- Paint Brushes
- Cups for mixing paint
- Various Coloured Papers
- → http://www.wilko.com/pack-of-72-sheets-6in-x-6in-card-120gsm/invt/0322022?VBMST=paper
- → http://www.wilko.com/wilko-paper-pack-of-12-assorted-colours-210mm-x-297mm-120gsm/invt/0316939?VBMST=paper
- → http://www.wilko.com/wilko-a4-bright-card-pack-of-assorted-colours-250gsm-x-8/invt/0279720?VBMST=&VBMTC=98be83d3dbe69b67a9758ad325acfc1e
- Coloured cellophane
- Jute Twine for hanging stuff (lots and lots)
- Big Sheets of Paper
- Could use wallpaper liner on roll 0.53mx10m =£2.00
- or the back of cheap ish wallpaper 0.53mx10m= £3.75
- Might be best to get this free, e.g. wine boxes at supermarkets etc but
Archive box, £3, 36x31x26cm- http://www.wilko.com/kraft-stationery/wilko-archive-deep-fill-box/invt/0348786
- Massive 2.5l PVA (porous to porous surfaces, seals and bonds paper, cardboard, carpet and wood.)
- Glue Dots for smaller projects
- Fence posts for rope entrance - if the site team has four metal stakes spare or whatever they are using (if they are) to make cordons/walkways these will be excellent and will be free ;) alternatively there are these
- Large pieces of cardboard?
- Thick 'natural' boat-rope, something like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/50cm-NEW-SISAL-natural-rope-6mm-8mm-10mm-12mm-U-choose-cat-post-scratcher-/261258979371?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=560217005780&hash=item3cd43fa82b
1. minimal 10 meters 2. 12mm x 6m for rope entrance
- Jolly Roger flag
1. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PIRATE-Flags-for-Patriotic-National-themed-Party-Decorations-BBQs-Sport-Events-/390653967945?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Make_Up_Cosmetics_Foundation_PP&var=&hash=item5af4ca7e49 (I have no idea if a feet is big) Decorative Nets can be found here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221395705242?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&var=520270332809&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
- Netting for rope entrance will need 2