Jump to navigation Jump to search
An example packing list and some optional things you might want to think about bringing:
Basic stuff you will almost certainly need:
- Somewhere to sleep: tent (make sure you have all the bits), camper van, covered hammock etc
- Sleeping bag / blanket and air mattress / camp bed if you don't want to sleep on hard ground
- Enough (appropriate) clothing for the weekend including:
- Sunglasses / hat / sunscreen if it looks to be remotely warm
- Waterproof jacket / trousers / jumpers if it looks to be remotely cold
- Torch, with enough batteries for the weekend (consider having torch with rechargeable battery)
- Wash stuff: soap, flannel, toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo
- Toilet paper
- First aid kit
- Any medication you need
- Insect repellent
- Water bottle
- Carrier bags for dirty or wet clothes
- Chargers for anything battery powered you bring
- Bin bags for your Rubbish
There will be multiple caterers on the site, so you won't have to cook if you don't want to, but if you plan on cooking things on site:
- Something to cook on: gas / meths burner, BBQ, raised fire (See FAQ for rules re. fires, NB there will be communal BBQs available)
- Fuel for above
- Something to ignite above: matches, lighter etc.
- Pots, pans, crockery and cutlery, cups etc.
- Washing up liquid
Some optional stuff you might want to think about bringing:
- A computer
- A chair, or something else to sit on
- Something to carry/store water for cooking & drinking
- Pocket knife
- Spare socks (for sleeping in if it's cold)
- Ear plugs
- Duct tape
- Long (30 - 40m) cat5 ethernet cable to connect your tent
- Short (2 - 5m) cat5 ethernet cable to use when in venues
- 25m mains extension cable (with a UK 13A or 16A ceeform plug)
What not to bring
- Try to avoid bringing glass. Glass is heavy, and broken glass is a pain to clean up in a field.
- Wireless access points. We'll have good WiFi; any other access points will just interfere.
- Beer or wine: we will have plenty and we'll be selling it at better-than-pub prices, with all the profits going towards the next camp. (We won't be selling spirits, so feel free to bring those.)
- Animals (except registered guide dogs).