From Electromagnetic Field
We have various obligations under "Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005"
This is not complete, but from a quick scan the following seem to be a start...
We need to
- Assign a 'responsible person'
- Carry out a fire risk assessment (and record the findings)
- Act on assessment including informing people about escape routes etc...
- Provide emergency lighting during darkness (and in marquees?)
- Have escape routes signs (at least two paths out)
- assign a 'muster point' external to our site but near enough and large enough to hold all attendees
- have an adequate method of recording who is on- (and off-) site in case of emergency
- Not sure about UK regs, but Fire Points are a good idea anyway - a collection of fire extinguishers and sand buckets so any small incident is dealt with faster than 999 can be called.
What this impacts on
- Site plan (e.g. Fire escape routes through campsite)
* These will need to include fire access lanes and fire breaks (and will need people to enforce them staying clear of e.g. guylines and cars
- Marquee setup
- Power requirements (emergency lighting/backup supply?)
- Signage (needs to be lit at night)